Wednesday, August 10, 2011

water fast, day 5 of 7

The end of the fast is in sight! Just another couple of days.
Breaking the fast is almost a fast in itself (a few days of fresh juice and juicy fruit) so I'm starting to plan for that.

Start: 155. Now: 146.2. Loss: 8.8 lbs.
Physically, some tummy rumbling today, odd since the gut should be clear by now. Feeling lazy but when I do decide to get moving I find that energy appears. Period seems to be heavier and longer than usual – womb cleaning itself out too? Stomach feels smaller – feel full after a few sips of water. Had some stevia-flavored sparkling water, that I would usually down a liter with no problem, and I’ve sipped on perhaps a third of it – will leave the rest for later. Though I know much of the weight loss is temporary I'm enjoying being thinner for a few days!

Mentally I feel incredibly clear and aware. I find I'm avoiding stimulation in general, especially ads and shopping that encourage people to consume (food or purchases). I'm even taking a break from some of my more high-energy friends -- don't want to deal with their drama right now.

Emotionally I've been feeling centered and extremely calm; neither joyous nor irritated but with a deep sense of contentment. Issues that I usually avoid or find difficult to deal with are less scary and seem to resolve themselves, perhaps thanks to an increased sense of clarity.

2 comments:

  1. Clarity. SO true! I also get that feeling on my long fasts. Intense calm. I did yoga yesterday at the end of my two day fast and I have never been so focused. LOVE THAT!

    The grumbling in your stomach is your body digesting your stored up fat! LOVE THAT TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna!
    The first two days are the hardest -- if you ever want to do a longer one, you already know you can do the most challenging part!
    Lol -- you're right about the fat, sometimes when my tummy grumbles I tell it, "eat the fat, eat the fat..."
    Congrats on your long fast and good luck with your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete